American Forests inspires and advances the conservation of forests, which are essential to life. We do this by:
– protecting and restoring threatened forest ecosystems;
– promoting and expanding urban forests; and
– increasing understanding of the importance of forests.
PLEASE VISIT AMERICANFORESTS.ORG AND HELP ME SUPPORT THEM, BY SUBSCRIBING, DONATING OR SHARING IT WITH OTHERS.
LATEST AMERICAN FOREST WEBSITE ARTICLES:
- New Logo. Same Critical Work.American Forests is evolving so it can meet the transcendent challenges of the moment: slowing climate change and advancing social equity. Today, our transformation takes another turn. This time, in the form of a new logo. The logo symbolizes the strength The post New Logo. Same Critical Work. appeared first on American Forests.
- Job Posting: Senior Manager of Career PathwaysJob Posting: Senior Manager of Career Pathways ABOUT AMERICAN FORESTS: American Forests is a national non-profit organization committed to creating healthy and resilient forests from cities to wilderness that deliver essential benefits for climate, people, water and wildlife. Established in 1875, American Forests has been restoring urban forests and forested landscapes for nearly 150 The post Job Posting: Senior Manager of Career Pathways appeared first on American Forests.
- Job Posting: Senior Manager, Community EngagementJob Posting: Senior Manager, Community Engagement SUMMARY: The Community Engagement Manager is responsible for supporting direct engagement with BIPOC led community organizations and residents in frontline communities through outreach, training and deep engagement with American Forests’ Tree Equity tools and programs. This individual will work in close collaboration with Tree Equity staff. Responsibilities The post Job Posting: Senior Manager, Community Engagement appeared first on American Forests.
- Statement on Committee Passage of Budget Reconciliation BillSeptember 13, 2021 In response to approval of the budget reconciliation bill by the United States House Agriculture Committee, American Forests President and Chief Executive Officer Jad Daley issued the following statement: "America’s forests have long been a natural climate solution hiding in plain sight. Today the U.S. House Agriculture Committee saw and The post Statement on Committee Passage of Budget Reconciliation Bill appeared first on American Forests.
- Job Posting: Director of Policy CommunicationsJob Posting: Director of Policy Communications SUMMARY: The director of policy communications leads the development and implementation of all communications strategies for American Forests’ policy program. The strategies are designed to help the organization reach its programmatic and fundraising goals. The director works closely with the entire policy team. The director also leads communications The post Job Posting: Director of Policy Communications appeared first on American Forests.
- American Forests Statement on Budget ReconciliationAugust 9, 2021 In response to the Concurrent Budget Resolution introduced today in the United States Senate, American Forests Senior Vice President of Policy Leslie Jones issued the following statement: "Today, the same day that the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change warned that we are on the precipice of a devastating climate future, the budget resolution released in the U.S. Senate represents The post American Forests Statement on Budget Reconciliation appeared first on American Forests.
- Statement on the Inclusion of REPLANT Act within Infrastructure FrameworkJuly 29, 2021 In response to the inclusion of the REPLANT Act within the Bipartisan Infrastructure Framework just introduced in the U.S. Senate, American Forests President and Chief Executive Officer Jad Daley issued the following statement: “America’s national forests, roughly one-quarter of our forested lands, are the beating heart of our green infrastructure, The post Statement on the Inclusion of REPLANT Act within Infrastructure Framework appeared first on American Forests.
- American Forests Statement on Appropriators’ Commitment to Urban ForestryJuly 1, 2021 In response to the United States House Committee on Appropriation's decision today to advance legislation that would fund a wide range of natural resource programs in Fiscal Year 2022, including critical investments in climate action and community resilience, American Forests President and CEO Jad Daley released the following statement: “American The post American Forests Statement on Appropriators’ Commitment to Urban Forestry appeared first on American Forests.
- American Forests Launches Nationwide Tree Equity ScoresJune 22, 2021 NATIONWIDE EVALUATION OF TREE COVER SHOWS HUGE OPPORTUNITY TO REDUCE HEAT EXPOSURE AND BOOST AIR QUALITY AND EMPLOYMENT Among large cities with most to gain: Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Detroit, Philadelphia, New York, Portland Rising Heat and Increasing Drought Grip the Nation, Tree Solution Emerges WASHINGTON, DC - American Forests, the nation’s oldest national conservation organization, today released its first nationwide tally of Tree The post American Forests Launches Nationwide Tree Equity Scores appeared first on American Forests.
- Support the TREES ActTrees provide shade on hot summer days and block the wind on cold winter nights. That means the air conditioner and heater do not have to be cranked up. And that leads to lower monthly energy bills — seven percent lower than usual, according to the United States Forest Service.The U.S. Congress is considering The post Support the TREES Act appeared first on American Forests.