American Forests inspires and advances the conservation of forests, which are essential to life. We do this by:
– protecting and restoring threatened forest ecosystems;
– promoting and expanding urban forests; and
– increasing understanding of the importance of forests.
PLEASE VISIT AMERICANFORESTS.ORG AND HELP ME SUPPORT THEM, BY SUBSCRIBING, DONATING OR SHARING IT WITH OTHERS.
LATEST AMERICAN FOREST WEBSITE ARTICLES:
- American Forests’ Statement on the REPLANT ActThe House and Senate today each introduced legislation related to America’s national forests. This new legislation, The REPLANT Act, would remove the outdated cap on the Reforestation Trust Fund. Doing so would nearly quadruple the amount of money available annually to the U.S. Forest Service for reforestation across America’s national forests. In response, The post American Forests’ Statement on the REPLANT Act appeared first on American Forests.
- Action Alert: Bring Our Forests Back to LifeIconic national forests in America are being devastated by droughts, pests, diseases and wildfires. Climate change supercharges all of this. The REPLANT Act would bring damaged areas in these forests back to life by providing the U.S. Forest Service with the tools and resources its foresters need to plant 1.2 billion trees per decade. The post Action Alert: Bring Our Forests Back to Life appeared first on American Forests.
- The House of Representatives Passes the Great American Outdoors ActLast night, the House of Representatives took a pivotal step forward in fulfilling the promise our country made more than 50 years ago to protect, preserve and expand access to our public lands for all Americans by passing the Great American Outdoors Act. This historic legislation will provide full, dedicated funding for the Land The post The House of Representatives Passes the Great American Outdoors Act appeared first on American Forests.
- Action Alert: Thank Your Member of CongressIt is not every day that there is a win for forests in Congress. There recently were two big wins for forests — in one day. America’s national forests got a much-needed boost when the House of Representatives voted on July 1st to double the size of the Reforestation Trust Fund. If the Senate agrees The post Action Alert: Thank Your Member of Congress appeared first on American Forests.
- How to choose and plant a treeThere are many benefits to planting a tree on your property. Trees lower your utility bills by shading your house in the summer and allowing the sun to warm it in the winter. They clean the air and absorb stormwater runoff. Trees help fight climate change, and they’re even linked to better mental health. The post How to choose and plant a tree appeared first on American Forests.
- American Forests Speaks Out Against RacismBlack lives matter. All the time. Our hearts go out to the families, friends and Black communities across the nation who are mourning the recent loss of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Sean Reed, Breonna Taylor and countless others to incidents of police brutality and violence from fellow Americans. We’ve been silent over the last The post American Forests Speaks Out Against Racism appeared first on American Forests.
- American Forests Staff Recommends Five Forest-Related Books for Summer ReadingSummer means a lot of things. One is having time to read something other than email messages and reports. Below you will find recommendations from American Forests’ staff on five books to read, along with descriptions of the books from Goodreads. We are a little bit forests-obsessed, so all the books relate to forests The post American Forests Staff Recommends Five Forest-Related Books for Summer Reading appeared first on American Forests.
- Victory for the Land and Water Conservation FundU.S. Senate Approves Legislation to Permanently Fund the Nation's Most Important Tool for Conservation The promise made nearly six decades ago to permanently protect forests in the United States is within close reach of being fulfilled, thanks to the decision by the U.S. Senate today to approve the Great American Outdoors Act. The legislation The post Victory for the Land and Water Conservation Fund appeared first on American Forests.
- Green Ash (Fraxinus pennsylvanica)American Forests National Tree Register, Species: Green Ash (Fraxinus pennsylvanica), State: MDDescription There is a large cavity extending 10 up the trunk. There are several large broken branches. Circumference taken at 30 above ground. Location Cecil, MD The post Green Ash (Fraxinus pennsylvanica) appeared first on American Forests.
- Job Posting: Reforestation ManagerThe Reforestation Manager will support American Forests’ efforts to scale up reforestation throughout North America. This includes managing key partnerships with governments, corporations, and non-governmental organizations. The manager will report to the Vice President of Forest Restoration. American Forests has deep roots in reforestation, dating back to our founding The post Job Posting: Reforestation Manager appeared first on American Forests.