As the national voice for hikers, American Hiking Society recognizes that foot trails and hiking are essential to connect people with nature, conserve open space, provide biological corridors for diverse plants and wildlife, and for the health of Americans and our natural environment.
PLEASE VISIT AMERICANHIKING.ORG AND HELP ME SUPPORT THEM, BY SUBSCRIBING, DONATING OR SHARING IT WITH OTHERS.
LATEST AMERICAN HIKING SOCIETY WEBSITE ARTICLES:
- AHS Support for Trails and Public Lands Infrastructure in COVID-19 Stimulus (April 3, 2020)AHS recommendations for trail and public lands infrastructure funding in potential COVID-19 economic stimulus package. The post AHS Support for Trails and Public Lands Infrastructure in COVID-19 Stimulus (April 3, 2020) appeared first on American Hiking Society.
- Vote Public Lands- Presidential Candidate Questionnaire CTAThe post Vote Public Lands- Presidential Candidate Questionnaire CTA appeared first on American Hiking Society.
- Hiking Responsibly: FAQ for Covid-19As of 4/8/2020 (Note: we will update this page regularly as conditions change.) Hiking Responsibly Frequently Asked Questions for Hiking During the Covid-19 Pandemic #1 Rule: Always, always practice social distancing and follow the guidelines of your local government or the federal Centers for Disease Control (CDC), whichever are more restrictive. How strict do I… The post Hiking Responsibly: FAQ for Covid-19 appeared first on American Hiking Society.
- American Hiking Society Testimony for Senate Interior Appropriations FY21 FundingAHS and Trails Move People outside witness testimony to Senate Interior Appropriations Subcommittee for FY21 Appropriations. The post American Hiking Society Testimony for Senate Interior Appropriations FY21 Funding appeared first on American Hiking Society.
- Getting Outside During the Covid-19 PandemicWe here at American Hiking Society know that this is a time of great uncertainty and anxiety for many as we all navigate the global COVID-19 pandemic. The good news is that being outside, as long as you practice social distancing and follow government guidelines in your area, is still a very safe and healthy… The post Getting Outside During the Covid-19 Pandemic appeared first on American Hiking Society.
- Why Filtering Your Water Isn’t Enough: Water Filters vs. PurifiersClean Water Isn’t Safe Water There’s something amazing about watching a water filter turn nasty, brown water into clear, sparkling-clean water right before your eyes. Unfortunately though, this clean appearance doesn’t mean the water is safe to drink. In fact, most of the health hazards that exist in water (aka waterborne pathogens) are microscopic, meaning… The post Why Filtering Your Water Isn’t Enough: Water Filters vs. Purifiers appeared first on American Hiking Society.
- Volunteer Vacations and COVID-19 Important UpdateDue to the CDC’s most recent guidance regarding event gatherings of any size to prevent the continued spread of the pandemic COVID-19, we have made the difficult decision to cancel all Volunteer Vacations scheduled to start before 5/10. This includes the following trips: South Cumberland State ParkKiptopeke State ParkBuckeye Trail, Wayne National ForestAdirondack Park, Champlain ValleyCumberland… The post Volunteer Vacations and COVID-19 Important Update appeared first on American Hiking Society.